Saturday, April 30, 2011

Background Stamping

What a lovely challenge we have this week at Scrap and Stamps Saturdays!! You have to create background paper using .... you've guessed it ..... STAMPS!!

I used a background stamp with music notes from Kaisercraft and repeated the stamp on a vertical sheet to create the background print for my photo....and I must admit, I really like the result. It gives a lot of interest to the page and I would never have used the stamp in this way, was it not for the challenge - and that's why it is awesome to play along - makes you think a little outside the box:)

My Martha punch was perfect to create the lace border and the Prima swirls worked a charm. I've added some flowers (actually came as a strip - I decided to dismantle them:)) for 3D effect and inside each blossom is a Pearl centre - a little touch that draws the idea to the finer detail.




A frame stamp behind the title (stamped only half onto the page) creates a stunning focal point for the title - the title got a little bit lost just on the background page.

.

This really is My Wish came true. I've forever dreamed (and drooled) of having my own SLR camera (for more than 12 years!) - and this is my new "baby":) My very own Canon EOS 60D.....now I just have to figure out how this F-stop business works:) HEEEEEELP!! ;) I'm enjoying every second of the journey to learn all I can - and now I can actually (for the first time EVER!!) take a photo of my little one on the run - without having to wait 7 seconds for shutter lag:)

.

Play along with our challenge and have fun creating backgrounds!

.

Happy scrappin'

2 comments:

  1. Your layouts is gorgeous Esti!!! I was jealous when I saw your background paper you made!! I love that stamp (: The colours you used are beautiful and I love your flower!! That is a fabulous pic too!! Have fun with the F Stops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING LO, Esti!!! I love it ALL...the colors, the flowers, the pattern paper you created...GORGEOUS, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Have a fab day:)