Friday, December 11, 2009

Duchess Calendar


My Christmas Calendar was recently uploaded on the Scrap Shack Studio Blog. I designed the calendar using the beautiful Duchess range from Kaisercraft. The calender is adhered to 3mm wood canvas for extra sturdiness and to ensure it'll last the whole of 2010. I used a brayer and glue to adhere the paper - I find after a while with double sided tape the paper lifts where it is not stuck down.
The beautiful butterfly is from Prima and I love that if really draws the eye and adds that little extra magic. The blings are a definate and adds definition to the stamp....plus they BLING!!
The curly-petalled flowers at the bottom got a good spritz of Glimmer Mist to change the colour to a more subtle brown and it also gives them a little oomph! adding the glimmer.
Behind the Merry Christmas is a Monthly calender. Ring-binding makes it easy to tear-off each month of the year when another one bites the dust!! (before we know it we'll be designing for 2011 -- isn't is scary how time flies!)
I added a few beads and a charm to create an interesting element,
painted the edges of my photos with turquoise and then with
brown to give it a less even look - bit scrungy (if there is such a
word:)
Tie some pretty ribbon on your binder rings and add a funky Christmas charm to complete this Christmas gift (Hope Ouma and Oupa love it as much as I do!!!!)
Happy scrappin'







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Have a fab day:)