Friday, August 7, 2009

Paper ribbon border

Sometimes a page needs a little extra .. I lifted several elements on this page and cut a border of strips to frame it - it had lovely dimension over the center of the page but the frame looked really uninspiring! What now.....

I looked through my ribbon stash (I'm pretty sure I can go around the world twice!!!) but alas... no colour that matches (will have to buy some more - can't have this dilemma at two in the morning!!!).

Improvise...... I folded strips of patterned paper over on itself to create paper ribbon that added the dimension and the little extra the page needed!

I'm always amazed by the fact that products from 5 different companies go together like Latte and cheesecake (......okay... so it works for me ;)

Go through your stash, match different product lines and step out of your comfort zone ... maybe you find a combination that works for you (like Bovril and Mealiepap - another one of my fav's) - the great thing about scrapbooking is - YOU have to like it - your scrapbook, your memories, your taste (however odd it may seem!!!)

Happy scrapping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Have a fab day:)