Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Inspiration station!

My little girl bought this tape from a craft store - very chuffed with herself.................and it was only hers - I may only use one little piece on a  layout:).

The idea was perfect for a single photo I wanted to scrap for a while but it was just a pretty photo, no story to tell, no memories - just pretty!

 I created my washing line with baker's twine (simply tie a bow on each end and staple to your page) and used the thicker craft pegs - I split the pegs as they were just too thick for fitting snugly in an album. After struggling with the look I realised the pegs looked odd without the silver wire piece on top that makes a clothes peg a clothes peg:) - solution..........I snipped of the end pieces from the peg "spring" and added them to the pegs with dimensional glaze and voila! perfect. A few hand-cut t-shirts from matching paper (freehand draw them and cut out) and some pearls for trim, a title from card stock (also just draw freehand and cut out!) with a little dimensional glaze to lift the title and it's perfect!
I loved the look of the paper and didn't want to 'over' embellish the page - simply added matting to my photo in a co-ordinating print and two folded "fan" embellishments with rolled bakers twine centres just to tie it all together.  Distressing the photo mat gives the page a bit of dimension and adds texture.

Why not find something that's not really 'scrapbooky' and make a layout inspired by it?

Happy scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Have a fab day:)