Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Masculine design

To design a birthday card for a man is not always the easiest thing (since I love ribbon, blossoms lace and bling - and definitely pink !!). The graphic45 range offers the most amazing designs for masculine projects. This particular friend is not really a golfer so I opted for the car image (my husband said he hopes our friend doesn't expect tickets to Monaco in the card :) Luckily this was 1930 so it will be a bit back to the future:))
In the end I did use a bit of lace and black pearls to add dimension to the card. The 7Gypsies Gaffer tape works perfect with the colours of the paper and I stuck it down with a pinch every inch or so to create a ruffled look. The added photo turns and Tim Holtz tickets just add interest to the design. I even used a red transparency print and my trusted glimmer tag to complete the picture!
.
I love the end result - hope you do too:)
.
Happy scrappin'

2 comments:

  1. Hi there everyone! I'm the (particular friend) for whom Esti made the AWESOME card. It will most probably be the most beautiful card I will ever receive in my life.
    I am of course going to frame it and hang it in my entrance hall for all to see as it is an exhibition piece.

    AND

    It might be unbeknownst to her but I thank Esti for using the two tickets, Wish & Hope on the card, for I am at a stage of my life where these 2 small words have huge meaning to me.
    Thank you Esti for spending so much time & effort on this card. It is a gift in itself.

    And by the way I love driving fast, so the race car is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah my dear friend - you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Have a fab day:)