Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jack-in-the-box

Scrapping, scrapping, scrapping....what better way to spend a Saturday. I wanted to make a Birthday card for my daughter's friend that really stood out. I didn't want a card in an envelope - something unusual...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........I wanted to put something on top of the gift that can add as a decoration but also add the wow factor...and then I had a brain wave (they don't come often :) but when they do I really appreciate them Hie Hie!).
.
My little one still loves playing with her Jack-in-the-box, why not create a birthday card in the shape of a jack-in-the-box! The result is pretty awesome ....... even if I have to say so myself ;0
.
The box base is about 6cm, if too big it might not be sturdy enough. I made the box from heavy cardstock and then covered it with the stunning Doodlebug paper (the paper just puts me in a party mood!). On it's own the Doodlebug was too thin to hold the pop-up and all the decorations.
.
The boooiiiiiiiiiiiiing was created using 2inch strips (3 each made a good booooiiiiiiiiiiiing) of two colours and folding one over the other. The end square is then decorated and pops up with the birthday message when you open the lid.
.
I struggled to open the lid the first few times and thought the box might not last as long if they fiddle with the lid every time, trying to pry it open. The Big-bite makes a perfect size hole and I added the beautiful rose button on the outside (as a little knob) and on the inside a stunning glitter button (if you make a just a knot the ribbon pulls through the hole as you open the lid:)
.
Knowing little girls there had to be a fairy somewhere, the ribbon and little fairy charm is the perfect touch to make a little girl giggle with glee!
.
Mmmmmm, you ask, why is there two Jack-in-the-boxes????? Well......couldn't give one to the friend and not make my daughter one, now could I?
.
Have a splendid weekend.......
.
Happy scrappin'

2 comments:

  1. fatty liver doctor new york fatty liver doctor new york fatty liver doctor new york

    Look into my website home remedy to reduce fatty liver

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Have a fab day:)